While there are many great VR car racing simulations out there, there’s never been a car mechanic game in virtual reality until now. An indie studio called Missing Digit has recently announced their VR simulation game that tasks you with running a motorsports prep shop.
In Wrench you will:
- Build relationships with persistent customers.
- Logbook and maintain customer cars around their race schedules
- Recommend and install modifications based on customer’s driving traits
- Build and modify your own persistent shop cars
- Grow your shop’s reputation and hire mechanics to help take on more customers
In the trailer above you can see the variations in tools you will be using to put together a car. From fixing the motor to adding the essential oils, you will be tasked in the detailed assembly of a vehicle. You can check out the Early Access on Steam today. The VR game is available for $19.99 and is already starting to garner great user reviews on Steam.
In this early access release you will:
- Start as at the bottom as a junior level assistant handling fluid and tire changes
- Earn XP and gain mechanic levels based on each component of the car you service and the car’s race results.
- Mechanic level ups grow your role on the team and make you responsible for a larger portion of each car’s mechanical systems.
- Service a growing library of parts and assemblies in detail including: Engine bottom end, Cylinder head, Front and rear suspension, and the braking systems.
- Delegate repair work to mechanics on the team who are junior to you.
- Diagnose mechanical issues with a variety of tools including the part logbook and driver symptom reports.