End Games Ltd., creators of The Forest have announced that they’ll be releasing the game in VR.
The Forest is a horror survival game that pits you in the middle of a forest after a crash land. You are the lone survivor from the crash and must do everything in your power to stay alive. But as you start to explore, you find cannibal mutants that wants to eat you alive. Your mission is to build, explore, and survive this terrifying situation.
End Games Ltd., promised back in 2014 that they’ll be releasing The Forest in VR. After 4 years, we are going to see that come true. In the V0.73 update release note, one of the devs said, “We’ll also give some details about a VR game mode when we are closer to release. Along with a bunch more we don’t have room to include here, we have some really crazy and fun surprises in store, especially regarding the ending and are really excited to see what people think.”
For those unfamiliar with the game, you can check out the video below by ZumaArcade that shows you what The Forest looks like currently.
ZumaArcade has over 1,500 in the game which is a lot of time. He is experienced with the game and shows you how interesting this forest is with crazy mutants that are ready to kill you.
The Forest features:
- Chop down trees to build a camp, or start a fire to keep warm. Scavenge food to keep yourself from starving.
- Build a small shelter or a large ocean side fortress. Lay traps and defences to keep a safe perimeter.
- Explore and build during the day. Defend your base at night. Craft weapons and tools. Bunker down during the evening or bring the fight directly to the enemy.
- Defend yourself against a clan of genetic mutant enemies that have beliefs, families, morals and that appear almost human.
- Use stealth to evade enemies, or engage them directly with crude weapons built from sticks and stones.
The mutants really have that “I Am Legend” zombie feel where the mutants are super fast and really strong. The game is currently available for $14.99 during early access. The price will be increasing to $19.99 when The Forest is out of early access and into V1.0. Endnight Games plans on the full release some time in April 2018.