Sansar Studios Releases Ready Player One – Aech’s Garage VR Experience
Sansar Studios in partnership with Warner Bros. Entertainment, Intel, and HTC has released Ready Player One Aech’s Garage for VR. In this experience you’ll be visiting Aech’s Garage in the virtual world where you get to see the wonderful scenes and characters in the upcoming movie.
For those of you that have yet to read the book or are looking forward to the movie, there might be some spoilers ahead so we recommend you stop reading from here.
We know that in Ready Player One there are a bunch of popular characters that get featured in the movie. One of them is the Iron Giant which is a giant friendly robot that’s able to cause havoc if it so chooses. You’ll be able to see it in Aech’s Garage where it is being reassembled.
The graphics in Ready Player One Aech’s Garage is absolutely astounding as well. Everything in the garage looks crisp and you can tell the artists spent a lot of time in this place trying to recreate Aech’s Garage.
When you get closer to the Iron Giant, you can climb up a set of stairs where you’ll find schematics on how to reconstruct the robot. It seems to be written in chalk and takes you through a step-by-step tutorial.
You’ll also discover various objects you can pick up and take a closer look at. There are definitely other popular items spread throughout you can check out. Inside Ready Player One Aech’s Garage you’ll discover:
– Pee Wee’s Bike from Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
– The Iron Giant
– EVA pod from 2001:A Space Odyssey
– ED-209 from Robocop
– Viper 2 from Battlestar Galatica
– Starfighter from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
– Possibily Maggie Weston’s Field Repair E-frame from ExoSquad
– Eagle 5 from Spaceballs
– 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
How to install Ready Player One Aech’s Garage:
- Create an account on Sansar.
- Download and install the Sansar Client (Windows only).
- Visit this link to enter Ready Player One Aech’s Garage
You can access the experience through the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.