The Release Date of Playstation VR
The release date for the Playstation VR has been recently announced at the GDC 2016 conference. It is scheduled to be release on October 13th, 2016.
With the anticipation growing for virtual reality products, Playstation promises to deliver many different games in their existing portfolio to fit virtual reality needs.
Here is the tech specs of the Playstation VR system
- VR headset: Approx. 187×185×277 mm (width × height × length, excludes largest projection, headband at the shortest)
- Processor unit: Approx. 143×36×143 mm (width × height × length, excludes largest projection)
- VR Headset – 610g (excluding cables)
- Processor Unit – 365g
- 5.7 inches
- 1920×1080 RGB
120 Hz, 90 Hz
Field of View:
- 100 degrees
- HDMI, Aux, Stereo Headphone Jack
Processor Unit Function:
3D audio Processing, Social Screen, Cinematic Mode
- VR headset × 1
- Processor unit × 1
- VR headset connection cable × 1
- HDMI cable × 1
- USB cable × 1
- Stereo headphones × 1 (with a complete set of earpiece)
- AC power cord × 1
- AC adaptor × 1
The price of the Playstation VR is set at $399 MSRP.
The price point appears attractive but this isn’t all you will need to run this system.
There are many components that need to be purchased on top of this product so look for your total cost to increase just like Oculus Rift in order to run the Playstation VR headset.