Oculus has been doing a good job maintaining sales on their numerous catalog of VR games available on the Rift. Today, they have released a flash sale on Catan VR and put a sale on Racket: Nx.
Catan VR – $8.99
First released in 1996, the board game allows you to create settlements, barter with friends, and expand your empire on the mysterious island of Catan.
For those of you unfamiliar with Settlers of Catan, here is the basic overview and tutorial for the game:
The goal of Settlers of Catan is to be the first person and settlement to gain 10 victory points. Points are accrued by building structures, purchasing cards, and earning accomplishment cards such as “Longest Road” and “Largest Army.”
1. Each settlement is worth one victory point and each city is worth two victory points.
2. Each “Victory Point” card is worth one victory point.
3. Each special card is worth two victory points. The “Longest Road” card will be awarded to the first person to successfully build a continuous five roads. The card will switch hands whenever a player’s number of connecting roads surpasses the longest continuous road of the cardholder. The “Largest Army” card will be awarded to the first person to play three “Knight” cards. The card will switch hands whenever a player plays more “Knight” cards than the “Largest Army” cardholder.
4. Determine the turn order by the roll of the dice. The person who rolls the highest number gets to choose their color and take the first turn in the game.
5. You will now place the settlement on the island of Catan. The person who rolled the highest number gets to choose first where they place the first settlement. You will be able to place one road on one of the three available intersections.
The last player gets to place two settlements and two roads. Then the rotation goes counter clockwise until every player has two settlements and two roads.
6. After every player has placed the two settlements and the two roads, everyone receives resource cards. Players will take one resource card for each hex tile that is adjacent to each of your two settlements.
7. Now the player rolls the dice. If the number you rolled corresponds with the number of your settlement, then you get to pick up a resource card of that terrain hex.
8. After the dice are rolled, the player then has the option of either building structures like roads or upgrading settlements for your cities
9. If you happen to roll the number 7, you will unleash a robber that gets to take one card from whatever player you’d like. Additionally, if a player has more than 7 cards in their hands they must discard half of them.
10. Once you collect 10 points you win.
Racket: Nx – $14.99
Racket: Nx challenges you to bounce and destroy targets, somewhat similar to racket ball mixed with pinball. The objective of the Racket NX is to hit the right targets with the ball to gain more time and increase the score. The game gets harder as further along you get in the game with randomization and speed change of targets. The style of play in Racket NX will demonstrate the importance of acoustics in a 360 degree setting and inherit users to become spatially aware with sound.