Oculus has announced that starting today, both Rift and Gear VR users can request refunds on most apps, for any reason. This update follows a successful test period in the UK according to the team.
There are many users out there who complained of dissatisfaction when purchasing certain games and experiences. Some users even felt compelled to say that they felt “duped” into buying poorly developed apps.
- Gear VR: within three days of purchase and less than 30 minutes of playtime
- Rift: within 14 days of purchase and less than two hours of playtime
Users will notice a smoother transition and method of requesting a refund on the Oculus Store. All you have to do is go to the Purchase History page and locate the game you’d like a refund on. This is the same on both the Oculus Rift and Gear VR.
Requesting a Refund
To request using the Oculus app on your PC computer:
- Open the Oculus app on your computer
- Click and then select Settings
- Under Account, click Purchase History
- Find the content you want to request a refund, click and then select Request Refund
- Follow the on-screen instructions and then enter your Oculus pin to request your refund
This is a great feature as users now have the power to request a refund for various reasons. There are many poorly developed apps out there that don’t justify the cost and this provides a solution to that problem.