New VR Games To Play This Weekend On Oculus Rift – October 13, 2017 Weekend Edition
Oculus had some tremendous news come out this week during the OC4 event including the new Oculus Go announcement, Oculus Rift price cuts, Santa Cruz updates, and more. With all the new announcements, you may have missed the news about the new VR games and experience that released on Oculus Rift this week.
Below is a list of new VR games available on the Oculus Rift:
Elevator… to the Moon! is a highly anticipated title that made its debut this wee on the Oculus Rift headset.
Users will be playing as a lunarnaut/repair-person, tasked with fulfilling the ridiculous demands of President of the World, Doug-Slater Roccmeier, to build his massively unstable elevator… to the moon. You must obey his increasingly goofy orders to the letter, disobey and cause hilarious havoc, or find your own sweet spot.
Each way of playing has its own advantages and outcomes. It’s up to you, intrepid elevator person, to blaze your own altitudinal path…to the moon!
• Immersive, challenging VR puzzles
• Exploration! The elevator has heaps of stuff Roccmeier doesn’t want you to find
• Clever control scheme, use your favorite controls regardless of room size and setup
• Virtually (heh) vomit-free! Designed to maintain maximum tummy comfort
Space Pirate Trainer – $9.99
The full release of Space Pirate Trainer is now available on Steam on the Oculus Rift. This game is the “official” trainer for wannabe space pirates. You’ll have the ability to wield futuristic guns to destroy the oncoming waves of mercenary robots. You’ll compete against the best for the highest scores.
New features in the full release:
- Hex Droid: Intense spinning shielded droid that can only be shot while it’s shooting
- Rocket Droid: Slow moving, but equiped with an endless supply of deadly Space Pirate seeking rockets
- Swarms: Dozens of droids swimming through the sky – and at you!
- RayBoss: A huge beam shooting menace
- Mothership: The ultimate space pirate battle!
New challenging waves
- Dozens and dozens and dozens of new challenging handcrafted waves
- Intense boss fight waves
Turrets, powered by your Volton
- Tesla coil: Zaps enemies in range
- Auto Turret: Laser turret with auto-targeting
- Ray Cannon: Ray turret, manual control like a mixer
- Buddy: Your friendly hi-tech drone, battling on your side for a change!
- Super lasers: The most kick ass 80s style lasers money can’t buy
- Super rays: Takes down *any* droid in seconds!
- Hexagon destructible shield: A shield that stays active so long as it’s not shot down.
- Impact warning system (slows down more and added reticle around laser)
- General audiovisual improvements
- Added an “easy mode”, for explorers (still not easy though)
- Wave unlocks
- Unlockable skins for your weapons
- Unlockable alpha ship environment
- 8 new awesome hyperactive kinetic tracks by the master producers James Marvel and June Miller
ARKTIKA.1 is a first person shooter VR game that takes place in the year 2120 in a post-apocalyptic setting where small pockets of human colonies struggle to survive throughout the new ice age that has dawned on the planet. Users will play as a hired mercenary by Citadel Security to protect one of the last colonies in the wastelands of old Russia. You’ll be combating violent raiders, marauders, and other horrifying mutated creatures.
In this complex murder mystery, players freely explore an intricate web of interwoven stories to uncover which character murdered their host, famed scientist and inventor, Nikola Tesla.
The Invisible Hours takes place in a Tesla’s sprawling, antiquated mansion laboratory in the early 20th century. The cast of characters, a group of strangers, receive a curious invitation from enigmatic Tesla, offering each of them the chance to make amends for their darkest wrongdoings.
When the last guest arrives at the isolated mansion, they find him dead – murdered. The suspects include disgraced Swedish detective, Gustaf Gustav (who vows to solve the mystery of Tesla’s untimely demise and avenge his murder), a blind butler, a convicted murderer, the world’s most famous actress, Tesla’s former assistant, the son of a wealthy railroad magnate, and rival inventor Thomas Edison.
Ancient Amuletor is an action tower defense game that throws you into an ancient times of civilization where you’ll be battling magical creatures, evil monsters and legendary foes in single-player and cooperative multiplayer for up to three players.
You’ll have options to choose from various characters in saving this ancient world. They all have individual characteristics with unique abilities that reeks havoc on these monsters. In the trailer, you can see that some characters use guns and arrows while other characters can summon golems onto lanes to defend the crystal. There’s even a character that uses magic to fend of the opponents.
Some of the in-game features:
- Swap at any time between mighty hero classes like the archer, gunner, mage and puppeteer – each with their own specific set of controls and skills.
- Arcade-style controls using PS®Move make for fast and enjoyable pick-up-and-play gameplay. Fire powerful weapons and summon fearsome magic with realistic feeling and motion.
- Play alone, or team up with your friends – the game supports up to three players at once in all levels!
- Full-body IK technology gives you the ability to see your whole body in VR.