New VR Games To Play On Oculus Rift – October 20, 2017 Weekend Edition
Every week we provide a list of new VR games available on the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, and Samsung Gear VR. These are some of the top new games you can check out on Oculus Rift this weekend.
Below is a list of new VR games and experiences available on the Oculus Rift:
Apex – $2.99
Apex is an award-winning VR experience directed by Arjan van Meerteen that delivers a “surrealistic and darkly beautiful apocalyptic vision set to an original score in the anticipated follow up to Van Meerten’s Surge.”
“I played in bands from when I was 16,” said Meerteen. “Really loud death metal. But I had always been interested in electronic music as well and started to make it. I will have some music and it will inspire me to make something visual. It’s all very integrated because the music inspires the visuals but the visuals also inspire the music. It’s a constant interaction between the two.
“The best way I can describe Apex is like when I was fifteen and went to a death metal concert, and what I felt being in the crowd as the band played, the aggression and the energy. It’s overwhelming and kind of scary but it makes you feel something. And that’s what I wanted to do with Apex. There is destruction but there is also beauty in what you are seeing. It’s really more of an atmosphere than a traditional story.”
The Gallery – Episode 2: Heart of the Emberstone – $29.99
The Gallery – Episode 2: Heart of the Emberstone is the follow up game to Episode 1: Call of the Starseed. The game takes place after meeting your sister Elsie in the world of Ember.
Players will discover the remnants of a destroyed civilization, torn apart by two siblings and their individual quests for power. Along the way you meet a mountainous ally who, like you, is looking for their other half. Using the Gauntlet, a mysterious new power capable of manipulating energy, you must unravel the history of this forgotten place, and reveal the true intentions of the dark figure who sent you here.
- Unravel the dark past of a forgotten world inspired by classic 80’s fantasy, including Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal
- Control impossible technologies with The Gauntlet, a mysterious relic imbued with telekinetic power
- Unlock history with a world of new puzzles designed to take full advantage of the physicality and precision hand-tracking only possible with virtual reality
- Come face-to-face with a mountainous ally and bizarre alien creatures in stunning roomscale presence
- Experience the best in VR sound with captivating spatial audio and a brand new Original Soundtrack by award-winning composer Jeremy Soule
- Immerse yourself in a lovingly polished world of fantasy; with multiple hours of gameplay, story, and wonder in this elaborate sequel to Call of the Starseed
Skyworld – $29.99
From the creators of Arizona Sunshine is Skyworld, a TBS game that takes on features of RTS battles in VR. Players will use the Oculus Touch controller to create and command armies to defeat your opponents. You’ll be stepping into intricately animated fantasy worlds where you are king and watch your battle maps come to life around you. Built in gaming sessions optimal for VR, Skyworld lets you conquer and reunite all Skyworlds in the full-size campaign and challenge friend or foe in online cross-platform multiplayer mode.
- Conquer multiple unique VR worlds in a story-based campaign
- Manage your population, buildings & resources turn-by-turn
- Command your forces in addictive real-time battles
- Research and upgrade a full roster of units & legendaries
- Build a powerful, balanced deck across 4 categories: land, air, ranged & spells
- Compete across a diverse range of skirmish maps
Luna by Funomena has recently been released on Oculus Rift. The immersive games places you in a story where the bird is awoken by a mysterious owl to find that something terrible has happened with the moon.
You’ll be playing from a Gods eye view where you control the world and solve puzzles in stardust to grow magical gardens in musical terrariums. Youre mission is to re-awaken the shadowy forests and sparkling lakes, discover hidden creatures. You will have to reunite the fragmented Moon so Bird can find its way home.
Make sure to check out some of these newly release Oculus Rift games this weekend.