New Updates By GeForce Improves Image Quality In EVE: Valkyrie
EVE: Valkyrie was one of the first VR games to be released alongside the Oculus Rift during its initial launch phases. Leveraging the charm of outer-space combat, the game entrenches you in an immersive environment where you get to fight off enemies in a specially designed spaceship.
While the game already offers beautiful content and scenery, GeForce wanted to push the limits and release an update that further enhances graphics and performance through something they call “Ultra Graphics Mode.”
These new settings greatly enhances graphical fidelity and immersion in EVE: Valkyrie according to GeForce. They’ll be using newly-added technologies and techniques that optimizes and improves performance, specifically designed for the game. Here are some specifics to the new settings:
- NVIDIA’s Lens Matched Shading VRWorks rendering technique improves performance and quality, enabling GeForce GTX 1070, 1080 and 1080 Ti graphics cards users to enjoy Ultra mode at smooth, consistent framerates.
- High-quality, physically-based NVIDIA Volumetric Lighting adds immersive, awe-inspiring shafts of bright light to many scenes and levels, transforming their appearance.
- New, superior anti-aliasing can be applied by setting EVE: Valkyrie’s resolution to 175% in Settings -> Graphics -> Advanced Settings -> Resolution, and then selecting “MSGAA”. Developed by NVIDIA, Multi-Sample G-Buffer Anti-Aliasing further reduces visible aliasing of geometry edges and specular highlights, giving players a superior visual experience. Recommended for GeForce GTX 1080 Ti users.
In addition to the listed specifics, Ultra mode enhances cockpit lighting, improves the fidelity of shiny, specular surfaces, increases the quality of lighting and shadowing in every area and level, improves the fidelity of reflections and shaders, and adds dynamic lights to projectiles. In total, these improvements will deliver a more realistic visual experience, closer to what you’d expect in reality. The ultimate goal behind the update is to increase your immersion in the virtual world.
GeForce recommends the following minimum hardware specification in order to run EVE: Valkyrie’s new ultra mode graphics setting:
- NVIDIA GTX 1070 graphics card
- Intel Core i5-4590 processor
- 8GB RAM