Let us embrace the weekend by discovering and playing some new VR games available on the Oculus Rift. While the world is pre-occupied with the Olympic games, that doesn’t mean we can’t make time to enjoy some VR.
Below is the full list of new recommended games to play on Oculus Rift this week:
Sacred Four – $3.29
Sacred Four is a adventurous VR game where you must fight evil with your godly sword called the “Ziegwen.” This blade was created to cutdown evil enemies using a chain to fly through the air and slash through your victims.
- When you throw “Ziegwen” it will fly through the air to pierce monsters before returning to your hand.
- “Ziegwen” follows a path which changes depending on your arm movements.
- If you control its path well, you can take out multiple monsters in a row.
- If it sticks in a monster or rock, you can grab and swing it to finish them off.
- Master control of “Ziegwen” for a new VR experience unlike anything you’ve seen before.
- Teleport to predetermined points in each level and fight monsters.
- There are three levels, and you clear each level by defeating the boss at the end.
Welcome to the Knockout League, an arcade style boxing game built from the ground up for VR. Its intuitive gameplay involves moving and dodging with your body and 1:1 punch movement that lets you attack how you want. Fight a crazy cast of characters to become the champion of the Knockout League.
LIV – FREE
While LIV isn’t a VR game, it provides the option for users to frame themselves in a mixed reality setting. The LIV Client is the free Mixed Reality compositing tool that simplifies, and enhances any Mixed Reality capture. The LIV Client supports OpenVR and is compatible with a large library of games, with more being added on an ongoing basis.
Inlight Spark – FREE
Inlight Spark is where you can meet, chat and collaborate with people in VR. You can share screens, draw 3D sketches, and create spaces for different activities. This allows users to work remotely and is free. Dazzling!
The Cathedral: Allison’s Diary – $5.99
Two years later from “The Hospital” facts, you are interested in visiting the place where Rachel and Alfredo should have been buried. “The Cathedral” is the second chapter of the Allison’s Diary horror saga. In the sacred cathedral of Sant’Andrea there is something frightening waiting to be discovered.
From the creators of Age of Empires II and Counter Strike: Global Offensive comes a new RTS game called Brass Tactics. This new and upcoming VR game pits you against another player where you must strategize and move your army around to defeat your opponent.
Brass Tactics can be played in co-op mode or PvP where you utilize the Touch controllers to move around your troops. Players will have access to units such as infantry, archers, cavalry, artillery, tanks, and even flying griffin-like creatures.
The game has a mystic feel to it where its a combination between fantasy and steampunk. Your virtual hands look shiny with gold with commands at your fingertips. Users will be playing on a wooden tabletop where you can see the whole map and terrain.
Experience this FREE version of real-time strategy as it was meant to be: in full VR. From the lead designer of Age of Empires II comes a living tabletop battlefield, where your forces are always at your fingertips.
– Unlimited online competitive, cooperative, or vs. AI play on a single intricate map.
– Dozens of units and upgrades, each with exploitable strengths and weaknesses.
– Intuitive, comfortable controls.
Buy the full game for the complete experience, including:
– A 6+ hour story campaign.
– Full unit and loadout customization.
– Over 20 unique, hand-detailed maps.
– Three AI personalities, each with four difficulty levels.