League of War: VR Arena Is the Futuristic Table Top Game We’ve All Imagined
PlayStation has recently unveiled a new game that has made its way over to the PSVR called League of War: VR Arena. This is a futuristic table top VR board game where players must deploy their armies to defeat the opponents.
Players will be matched up against opponents in a 1 vs. 1 scenario where you will be facing the opponent head on. They will be facing you in a digital hologram like body and will deploy their best units against you. Users will be able to play the game in Campaign Mode where you will face off against an AI or directly face other human opponents in Arcade Mode.
The goal of the game is to destory the opposing army’s towers and base. Users will have to deploy infantry, tanks, recon, choppers or artillery units. Each of the 5 types of units will occupy a spawn pad where they generate units if they are part of your squad.
Players must strategize quickly as each unit requires time and energy to build. You’ll find that the more powerful units require more energy and take longer to spawn while units such as recon and infantry spawn more quickly.
Units will also off-track each other as they have their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Infantry units beat choppers. but they are vulnerable to artillery and tanks
- Tanks beat infantry, recon, and artillery but are weak against choppers
- Choppers beat tanks and artillery but are weak against infantry
- Artillery beats all other ground units but has a weak defense and cannot attack choppers
- Recon is weak against all units other than themselves
League of War: VR Arena is available today for $19.99 on the PlayStation Store. This is quite an exciting PSVR title so make sure to check it out. Let us know your thoughts on the game.