LA Noire: The VR Case Files Officially Coming To Oculus Rift On March 29th
As promised by Rockstar Games, LA Noire: The VR Case Files is finally coming to the Oculus Rift. The AAA franchise game is set to release on March 29th on the the Oculus store that will put you in a body of a detective where you will go on to solve some cases. LA Noire: The VR Case Files was first released on Steam for HTC Vive users.
Original Game Storyline
For those unfamiliar with the title, LA Noire takes place in the seedy and violent underbelly of 1940’s Los Angeles as decorated veteran and newly minted detective, Cole Phelps investigates an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes.
Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A. The game was an Official Selection of the Tribeca Film Festival for its cinematic approach to gameplay and narrative back when it was originally released on the console platform.
About LA Noire: The VR Case Files
In LA Noire: The VR Case Files, users will be placed directly in the shoes of Detective Cole Phelps as you solve brutal crimes, plots, and conspiracies inspired by real cases from 1947 in Los Angeles. During this time, L.A. was a very corrupt town with a lot of violence so users should gear up for some action.
The experience will feature 7 cases specifically rebuilt for VR. The cases will range from Traffic, Arson, Homicide, and more.
- Search for clues by grabbing, inspecting and manipulating objects
- Get behind the wheel and drive to your next crime scene
- Engage in chases, fistfights and shootouts as you track down suspects
- Build your case by making notes or drawing freehand in your detective’s notebook
- Interrogate witnesses and use your wits to separate truth from lies in a city where everyone has something to hide