There’s been a lot of hype for Stress Level Zero’s new VR game, Boneworks. With all the teasers and gameplay videos, it got us wondering how well put together this VR game really was. But now, you don’t have to wonder at all as Boneworks finally makes it debut.
Stress Level Zero has put a lot of work in redesigning how physics works in VR. From the weapons, environment, and body, everything is designed to provide advanced experimental physics mechanics. .
- Advanced Physics: Designed entirely for consistent universal rules, the advanced physics mechanics encourage players to confidently and creatively interact with the virtual world however you want.
- Combat: Approach combat in any number of ways you can think of following the physical rules of the game’s universe. Melee weapons, firearms, physics traps, environments, can all be used to aid you in fights with enemy entities.
- Weapons, lots of weapons: Boneworks provides players with a plethora of physics based weaponry; guns, swords, axes, clubs, spears, hammers, experimental energy weapons, nonsensical mystery tools, and anomalous physics weapons.
- Interaction: Hyper realistic VR object and environment interaction.
- Story: Play through the game’s mysterious narrative and explore the deep inner workings of the Monogon Industries’ artificial intelligence operating system; Myth OS.
- Character Bodies: Accurate full IK body systems built from the ground up provide a realistic looking body presence and allow for a maximum level of immersion with physical interaction in the game space.
Here you can also see Node trying out the final gameplay for Boneworks and everything looks so crisp.
Boneworks is now available for just $30. If this isn’t a bargain deal, we don’t know what is. Make sure to give this game a shot. Boneworks is available for the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Valve Index.