Drifter Entertainment has announced some big updates for their popular FPS VR game, Gunheart. This is their third update for the early access title which features an entirely new campaign with new script and VO spanning 9 story missions.
Drifter Entertainment’s Creative Director Brian Murphy released a video detailing all the changes you will see with the new update.
This multiplayer sci-fi shooter provides an interesting story and style of play we’ve yet to see in the VR world. You’ll be designated as one of the main characters who takes on waves of super-vilified insects with masculine proportions. Anyone in the game will be able to co-op with two other players in playing out the main story. This particular title will test you on positioning and strategies in eliminating the swarm of enemies.
As mercenary mech pilots like you are all that stands between human progress and what menace might have been awakened in the deep beyond.
Gunheart’s new content update is now live and includes:
- Brand new campaign including an entirely new script and VO spanning nine story missions;
- 20 new side missions in addition to the PVP challenges; and ongoing weekly missions;
- Expanded loot system including new weapon mods to discover, unlock, upgrade and mix-n-match such as the glass cannon, bloodlust, bubble shield, intravenous bombs, easy money, berserker and fly paper;
- 30 new cosmetic items to acquire;
- New world elements: new bosses, “spawning bag” creatures, powerup printers and data pads;
- Enemy upgrades: dropships with new behaviors, improved buzzkills and continued hopper AI upgrades;
- Ongoing improvements, bug fixes and polish made to audio and sound, weapons and leaderboards.
You can purchase Gunheart today on Steam for the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive for $34.99.