PayDay 2 VR has only been out for a few days now and already there is a new mod out for smooth locomotion. The beta version of the game has originally been released with quick teleportation to reduce bugs and errors but some people have found that to be rather a nuisance. So now, with the release of the mod, you have a way to play the game by walking around freely.
Here’s the instructions on how to install the Smooth Locomotion Mod for PayDay 2 VR:
1. Download the following
2. Proceed to locate and open up the PAYDAY 2 folder on your computer. The easiest way to navigate to the folder is by:
> Opening up steam
> Right-click on PayDay 2
> Select properties
> Go to local files tab
> Then hit “browse local files.”
3. Locate and open up the zipped Official BLT Hook file you just downloaded.
4. In the zipped folder you’ll find 2 files. Move the “Mods” folder and IPHLPAPI.dll into the PayDay 2 folder.
5. Move the unofficial BLT Hook file (IPHLPAPI.dll) into the PayDay 2 folder.
6. Open up a folder named “mods” in the PayDay 2 folder.
6. Open up the zipped Smooth Locomotion Mod folder named “payday2-vr-improvements-master-b6cc902733938d8edeea9996a452840c7e3230d5.”
7. Place the unzipped “payday2-vr-improvements-master-b6cc902733938d8edeea9996a452840c7e3230d5” folder into the “mods” folder.
After these steps you should be good to go. But many people have been running into a bug where they can’t move once you put on the mask in PayDay 2 VR. To keep up to date with the bug issues and fixes, you can check out the forum here.
You will slowly start to see more mod updates that will enhance the gameplay for PayDay 2 VR.