Playstation VR will be available to the public starting October 13th. In this short video, you get to see what’s inside the Playstation VR Core unit.
In the unboxing you’ll see many gadgets and items that come along with the Playstation VR headset. Below are the items that the Playstation VR bundle will come with.
- VR headset: Approx. 187×185×277 mm (width × height × length, excludes largest projection, headband at the shortest)
- Processor unit: Approx. 143×36×143 mm (width × height × length, excludes largest projection)
- VR Headset – 610g (excluding cables)
- Processor Unit – 365g
- 5.7 inches
- 1920×1080 RGB
120 Hz, 90 Hz
Field of View:
- 100 degrees
- HDMI, Aux, Stereo Headphone Jack
Processor Unit Function:
3D audio Processing, Social Screen, Cinematic Mode
- VR headset × 1
- Processor unit × 1
- VR headset connection cable × 1
- HDMI cable × 1
- USB cable × 1
- Stereo headphones × 1 (with a complete set of earpiece)
- AC power cord × 1
- AC adaptor × 1
- Stereo headphone x 1
The VR headset will come with an inline remote which gives you the ability to control audio in addition to the mute/unmute button. It also has a stereo output which can output 3D audio signals.
You’ll also see that the box includes a Playstation Processor. You’ll use it to connect it to the TV on one end and connect it to the PS4 on the other. It’ll also have space for 3D audio and something new called the ‘Social Screen Experience’ which allows other people to watch and participate in your Playstation experience.
The one last thing Playstation VR bundle will include is a demo disc which houses 18 playable games.