Fallout 4 VR was just released yesterday on SteamVR for Vive users to enjoy. Luckily, Rift users are still able to play it through their headsets. We’ll be providing a tutorial on that shortly. But today, the Bethesda team released some updates for Fallout 4 VR (Steam Beta Update 126.96.36.199) that improves overall gameplay.
People have been complaining about blurriness and low resolution in Fallout 4 VR so Bethesda has released updates that improve that. They also fixed an issue with the in-game resolution based on desktop resolution which was rather annoying.
Here’s our first day gameplay where you’ll see some small issues.
Below are the full updates you’ll see with the beta:
- Fixed an issue that would affect the in-game resolution based on desktop resolution
- Increased default application supersampling value from 1.0 to 1.4x
— To change this value up or down to adjust performance or quality, add the following to your Fallout4Custom.ini in My Games/Fallout4VR:
fRenderTargetSizeMultiplier=< your value >
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to use the world rotate functionality while commanding companions
- Stability improvements
This update can only be accessed through Steam Beta. In order to access the Steam Beta, follow these instructions.
How to access the Steam Beta:
- Log into Steam.
- Right Click on Fallout 4 VR in your Library.
- Select Properties.
- Select Betas.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Fallout 4 VR Update 188.8.131.52
- Select OK.
- Wait for the game to update.
- When done, Fallout 4 VR Update 184.108.40.206 should appear in your Library.
They will be addressing other problems in the near future so stay tuned. These are welcomed improvements on day 2 of the release of Fallout 4 VR.