Remember back in April of last year where we saw a glimpse of the super amazing mechanics in a demo VR game by Stress Level Zero? Well, that is becoming a VR game of its own.
Stress Level Zero has announced a new VR game using those hyper-realistic mechanics called Boneworks.
In the demo video above for Boneworks, you can see just how crisp and precise the weapons are. From the reloading to clipping to damaging the enemies, every movement seems so refined and detailed.
Here in the above video you can see just how precise these weapons are. You’ll also notice how realistic the weapons operate. From the scope, to the kick, to the aiming, everything seems far more realistic and relatable to real life firearms versus traditional FPS VR games.
You can also notice the detail that went into the sound of these weapons. They have a far more pure sound versus some VR games that make your weapon sound like weird animal noises when you shoot out of the barrel of the gun. Every gun has its own unique sound. You can also notice how crisp the muzzle flash looks every time you shoot a bullet out of the gun which is a nice touch to detail.
What is Boneworks
Boneworks is a narrative VR action adventure using advanced experimental physics mechanics. Dynamically navigate through environments, engage in physics heavy combat, and creatively approach puzzles with physics.
- Advanced Physics: Designed entirely for consistent universal rules, the advanced physics mechanics encourage players to confidently and creatively interact with the virtual world however you want.
- Combat: Approach combat in any number of ways you can think off following the physical rules of the game’s universe. Melee weapons, firearms, physics traps, environments, can all be used to aid you in fights with enemy entities.
- Weapons, lots of weapons: Boneworks provides players with a plethora of physics based weaponry; guns, swords, axes, clubs, spears, hammers, experimental energy weapons, nonsensical mystery tools, and anomalous physics weapons.
- Interaction: Hyper realistic VR object and environment interaction.
- Story: Play through the game’s mysterious narrative and explore the deep inner workings of the Monogon Industries’ artificial intelligence operating system; Myth OS.
- Character Bodies: Accurate full IK body systems built from the ground up provide a realistic looking body presence and allow for a maximum level of immersion with physical interaction in the game space.
Stress Level Zero has created the Steam page for it which and states that Boneworks will be released some time in 2019. The FPS VR game will be available on both the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. Further information will be provided in the near future including pricing.