Whenever you watch movies such as Harry Potter, you seem to get an urge to want to cast spells yourself. But since we don’t live in Hogwarts, Incineration Productions has decided to make SpellPunk VR where we can do that in the virtual world.
SpellPunk is a first-person VR experience where you’ll be summoned in an abstract world with fast-paced magical duels. In SpellPunk you will unleash extraordinary powers and turn into a mighty magician who will cast spells by drawing magical symbols in the air with his/hers own hands.
Incineration Productions went down the atypical route and have made their graphics more of a cartoon style rather than the graphics we see in another similar game called Battle Sorcerers.
- Spell Casting: Draw the magic symbols for spells right with your hands. No pesky menus to get in the way here. Feel the actual power in your fingertips!
- Comic Book Art Style: If you are a comic book lover, you will definitely enjoy SpellPunk’s visuals.
- Characters: SpellPunk features a full body avatar, which will increase the immersive experience making you feel like a real magician yourself and places you right in the magical duel.
- Powerful Visual Effects: The beautifully crafted VFX emphasise the grandeur of the spells and create a feeling of wonder and fulfilment after each successful spell cast.
- Specially Composed Music: SpellPunk features a banging hip hop mixed with techno soundtrack to accompany you during your duels.
- Offline / Training mode: Experience the game offline versus an AI opponent to train your skills. The training mode is also suitable in cases where you have a very slow Internet connection or when an Internet connection is not available.
- Casual matchmaking: Experience the game, playing an unranked multiplayer match where you have more health and mana than a normal or ranked match. This mode is suitable for people who are not very competitive and just want to have fun and / or train their skills versus other real players.
- Normal matchmaking: Experience an unranked multiplayer match versus a human opponent that has no effect on your ELO rating.
- Ranked matchmaking: Compete online for sweet victory and ranking on the Leaderboards.
SpellPunk VR is set to release on April 24 of 2020 but the dates can change due to the unusual conditions with the Corona Virus. Stay tuned for further updates.