Have you ever wondered what Bromine and Krypton mixed together would look like? Well, if you are as curious as I am you are in luck. Through the development by Abelena VR, Abelana’s Atom Maker allows you to experience science in the virtual world.
In the experience you’ll be able to visualize atomic orbitals, navigate across energy levels, gain an intuitive understanding of the composition of atoms and their electron configurations by assembling all elements of the periodic table.
- Gain intuitive understanding of the composition of atoms by assembling them in a three-dimensional virtual reality setting
- Visualize all kinds of atomic orbitals – s, p, d, and f – across various energy levels. Understand their shapes, positions, and patterns
- Understand the behavior of particles within atoms
- Assemble any element from the periodic table
- Discover exceptions and special cases among the elements of the periodic table
- Learn about the order of filling of orbitals
- Learn about the order of filling of electrons across orbitals
- Learn to read electron configurations using standard notations
- Learn about the composition of an atom from an enhanced version of the Bohr diagram
- Discover different ways to group elements within the periodic table
- Learn which countries discovered various elements within the periodic table
- Understand composition of shells (i.e. energy levels) within an element
It’s interesting to see how atoms and molecules interact with one another from the table of contents, especially in a virtual world setting. Abelana’s Atom Maker is available on Valve Index, HTC Vive, and Oculus Rift. If you’ve always wanted to experiment with elements in the virtual world, you have found yourself the perfect experience.